Apr 27, 2021
by Lisa Cherney, AMCA Education Manager
AMCA International has three core tenets to our strategic plan: Advocate, Certify, and Educate.
To make our educational offerings as easily accessible and widely available as possible to AMCA members and non-members alike, we have invested in a new online learning platform. Almost all offerings are PDH eligible, and on this site you will find the following:
- Webinar recordings—All of AMCA’s previous webinars are available for viewing for PDH credit. The required quizzes and surveys are included, as well as the PDF versions of the presentations, in one location. After each live program takes place, the recording and related materials are posted for on-demand viewing at your convenience. There is a nominal fee for viewing these recordings when PDH credit is desired. However, if you do not want PDH credit you can access the recordings only at www.amca.org/webinar.
- Education modules—Mostly one hour in length each, these courses provide information on fundamental, industry-related topics. Current modules include Fan System Effects and Basics of Acoustics. Once each module is reviewed and the learner successfully passes the end-of-program quiz, PDH credit will be earned. We continuously have new modules in development and partner with subject matter experts from Member companies to ensure the material being produced is accurate, thorough, and relevant to industry professionals of all experience levels. There is a nominal fee for taking these module courses.
- Free Mini-Modules—Designed mainly to offer quick instruction on Member-related topics and benefits, these free sessions give all professionals a look at the “inner workings” of AMCA membership. We are constantly developing and posting new mini-modules.
All offerings on the platform are self-paced and can be completed at your convenience!
Other perks of the learning platform:
- Users can communicate online with others taking the same courses or viewing the same webinars, and questions can be asked of the original program presenters.
- Digital badging is coming soon, and once earned those badges can be added to users’ resumes, social media accounts, email footers, and such to let others know of their educational achievements.
- You will also want to watch for discount specials and program bundles!
- New content will continually be added to the platform, and it will be a living, breathing arena for ongoing educational opportunities.
As our mission statement says: Our mission is to advance the knowledge of air systems and uphold industry integrity on behalf of AMCA members worldwide. AMCA is committed to always providing Members and industry professionals with the highest level of education and information possible.
To register and get started on the platform, please go to https://amca-international.nextthought.io/login/
Dec 31, 2020
by Lisa Cherney, AMCA Education Manager As we prepare to flip the switch on a new year (thankfully), surely almost everyone can agree that 2020 developed into something totally unanticipated and unprecedented—in so many…Read more
Oct 13, 2020
...Some (PDH) Credit that is. by Lisa Cherney AMCA Education Manager AMCA first issued Professional Development Hour (PDH) credits for education programs on December 3,…Read more
Jul 16, 2020
Did you know that AMCA has 18 recorded webinars on our website ready for downloading or viewing at your convenience? Check it out at www.amca.org/webinar . Fifteen of those webinars are from 2020 alone, so the materials and…Read more
Apr 16, 2020
by Aaron Gunzner, AMCA Advocacy Manager Having never attended an AMCA meeting, I was not entirely sure of what to expect when I entered the room for breakfast the first morning of the…Read more
Mar 26, 2020
AMCA Speakers Network Connecting With Engineers The fledgling AMCA Speakers Network is off the ground and taking flight, with two presentations given since mid-December. On Dec. 12, AMCA Associate Director,…Read more
Mar 24, 2020
Resources for the Remote Worker by Lisa Cherney, AMCA Education Manager With conferences and seminars all over the world being postponed or cancelled in the wake of the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) pandemic, we at AMCA International wish to remind…Read more
Jan 10, 2020
AMCA Outreach—Time to Consider Becoming an Associate Josh Parent, Associate Director, Business Development If you design, fabricate, assemble, and sell as a regular public offering one or more products that fall under the…Read more
Nov 15, 2019
AMCA Outreach—Allow us to (re)introduce ourselves Josh Parent, Associate Director, Business Development In 2016, AMCA polled engineers and architects to gauge their knowledge of AMCA and its Certified Ratings Program (CRP). The poll showed that what…Read more
Sep 24, 2019
The AMCA Speakers Network—an Opportunity to Grow, Influence, AND Network Josh Parent Associate Director, Business Development As you may have heard, AMCA recently launched the AMCA Speakers Network, a group of subject-matter experts…Read more
Mar 21, 2019
“Education is an ornament in prosperity and a refuge in adversity” — Aristotle by Lisa Cherney, AMCA Education Manager Any time I can borrow from the masters, I will—especially when they are so on point. AMCA…Read more