AMCA Revises Standard 205, Energy Efficiency Classification for Fans
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., June 3, 2019—Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. announces the revision of ANSI/AMCA Standard 205, Energy Efficiency Classification for Fans.
Changes in ANSI/AMCA Standard 205-19 include:
- Refined definitions, more concise wording, and improved normative language.
- Updated references.
- An additional fan example for better illustration.
- The changing of the content in Section 7 from normative to informative to enable selective adoption by code authorities.
- Recognition of the importance of pressure in fan selection.
- Corrected example problem in Section 7.
About AMCA International
Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. is a not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial HVAC, industrial-process, and power-generation applications. With programs such as certified ratings, laboratory accreditation, verification of compliance, and international-standards development, its mission is to advance the knowledge of air systems and uphold industry integrity on behalf of AMCA members worldwide. For more information about AMCA, visit www.amca.org.
Director, Education, Marketing & Communications