AMCA Revises Standard 204 for Fan Balance Quality and Vibration
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., April 3, 2020—Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. announces the revision of ANSI/AMCA Standard 204, Balance Quality and Vibration Levels for Fans.
Covering fans with rigid rotors generally found in commercial-building heating, ventilating, and air conditioning; industrial-process applications; mine/tunnel ventilation; and power-generation applications, ANSI/AMCA Standard 204 underwent minor revisions, including:
- Reformatting to adhere to current style.
- Changes to definitions for alignment with other standards.
- A new suggested frequency range for overall vibration measurement.
- Updates to the latest version of referenced standards.
- Inclusion of an example showing a typical calculation of overall vibration level from a vibration signature captured using a fast-Fourier-transform (FFT) analyzer.
The cost of ANSI/AMCA Standard 204-20 is $45 for AMCA members and $90 for non-members. To purchase, visit AMCA’s online store at www.amca.org/store.
About AMCA International
Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. is a not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial HVAC, industrial-process, and power-generation applications. With programs such as certified ratings, laboratory accreditation, verification of compliance, and international-standards development, its mission is to advance the knowledge of air systems and uphold industry integrity on behalf of AMCA members worldwide. For more information about AMCA, visit www.amca.org.
Director of Marketing, Membership, and Education