AMCA and ASHRAE Sign Memorandum of Understanding
Mark Stevens, executive director of Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International, announces a three-year memorandum of understanding (MOU) with ASHRAE.
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., October 14, 2020—Mark Stevens, executive director of Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International, announces a three-year memorandum of understanding (MOU) with ASHRAE.
The purpose of the MOU is for AMCA and ASHRAE to formalize an agreement to promote and advance the mutual interests of their respective members. This includes:
- A commitment to regular, consistent leadership communication.
- Cooperation on conferences and meetings.
- Collaboration on chapter and regional activities.
- Coordination of advocacy efforts on mutually beneficial issues.
- Continued mutual support of publications and industry communications.
- Cross-marketing and coordination of educational opportunities for the benefit of both organizations’ members.
- Coordination of technical activities.
- Performance and promotion of industrial research activities.
“This MOU demonstrates the ASHRAE and AMCA commitment to continue to enhance our relationship,” Stevens said. “We have worked closely through the years, and this agreement will only improve our cooperation and coordination in areas that mutually affect our memberships and the industry as a whole.”
A copy of the MOU is available on the AMCA website at www.amca.org/MOU.
About AMCA International
Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. is a not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial HVAC, industrial-process, and power-generation applications. With programs such as certified ratings, laboratory accreditation, verification of compliance, and international-standards development,its mission is to advance the knowledge of air systems and uphold industry integrity on behalf of AMCA members worldwide. For more information about AMCA, visit www.amca.org.
Director, Education, Marketing & Communications