2019 Edition of AMCA inmotion to Receive American Business Award
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., May 18, 2020—The 2019 edition of Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International’s magazine, AMCA inmotion, is the winner of a Bronze Stevie Award as part of the 18th Annual American Business Awards program.
Open to all organizations operating in the United States, the Stevie Awards—taken from the name Stephen, which is derived from the Greek word for “crowned”—are billed as “the world’s premier business awards … created in 2002 to honor and generate public recognition of the achievements and positive contributions of organizations and working professionals.” The 2019 edition of AMCA inmotion is being recognized in the Other Publication - Association or Non-Profit category.
Edited by AMCA Manager of Industry Content Scott Arnold and art-directed by Chicago-based freelance designer, illustrator, and photographer Bonnie James, the 2019 edition of AMCA inmotion includes contributions from:
- Ronald Wroblewski, PE, Productive Energy Solutions LLC; Jeff Boldt, PE, HBDP, LEED AP, FASHRAE, FPE, IMEG Corp.; and Michael Ivanovich, AMCA, on the article “Applying Fan Energy Index in Variable-Air-Volume Systems.”
- The AMCA Fire and Smoke Damper Subcommittee on the article “Remote Periodic Testing of Life-Safety Dampers.”
- David Johnson of the AMCA Air Curtain Engineering Committee, with contributions from Frank R. Cuaderno and Brian Jones, also of the AMCA Air Curtain Engineering Committee, on the article “Air Curtains: A Proven Energy-Saving Alternative.”
- Dan Int-Hout and Gus Faris of the AMCA High Performance Air Systems Committee on the article “Air-Distribution Design for Comfort in High-Performance Air Systems” and the accompanying sidebar “High-Performance Air Systems vs. Other System Types,” respectively.
- James K. Smardo and Doug Petty of the AMCA Louver Marketing Task Force and Scott Arnold on the article “Improving Building Resilience With Severe-Duty Louvers.”
- Saeed Al Abbar of the Emirates Green Building Council on the AMCA Middle East Update “Green Building Takes Root in the Desert.”
- Francesco Gattiglio of European AMCA on the AMCA Europe Update “HVAC in the EU Post-Parliamentary Election 2019.”
- Hong Wang of China Academic Journal Electronic Publishing House on the AMCA Asia Update “According to Plan: Innovation-Driven Development in China.”
Among the judge’s comments were:
- “Good effort to convert technical text into easy reading.”
- “On first glance, the product looks very wordy, but considering the audience, the technical details seem entirely appropriate. Good job!”
- “Gets information points across with appropriate graphics.”
- “Nicely done for the ‘2019 Edition of AMCA inmotion Magazine.’ Editorial is on target with good use of subheads that focus on the important aspects of the article. Additionally, the use of technical schematics to support the editorial content is great. Nice use of photos and graphics and white space.”
- “Well produced publication for the HVAC market.”
Because of the coronavirus pandemic, the Stevie Awards ceremony will be held virtually this year, on Aug. 5.
As announced in January, the 2019 edition of AMCA inmotion also is one of three finalists for the PRNEWS CSR & Nonprofit Award for Annual Publication or Brochure. The awards luncheon, which was to be held March 26 in Washington, D.C., was rescheduled for Oct. 15 because of the coronavirus pandemic.Work on the 2020 edition of AMCA inmotion, which will be published in October, is under way. For more information, contact Scott Arnold at firstname.lastname@example.org or +1 847-704-6335.
About AMCA International
Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. is a not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial HVAC, industrial-process, and power-generation applications. With programs such as certified ratings, laboratory accreditation, verification of compliance, and international-standards development, its mission is to advance the knowledge of air systems and uphold industry integrity on behalf of AMCA members worldwide. For more information about AMCA, visit www.amca.org.
Director of Marketing, Membership, and Education