2019 Edition of AMCA inmotion Named Finalist for PRNEWS Award
ARLINGTON HEIGHTS, Ill., January 16, 2020—The 2019 edition of Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International’s magazine, AMCA inmotion, is one of three finalists in the Annual Publication or Brochure category of PRNEWS’ 2020 CSR & Nonprofit Awards.
Edited by AMCA Manager of Industry Content Scott Arnold and published and distributed in partnership with ASHRAE Journal and High Performing Buildings (HPB) magazine, the 2019 edition of AMCA inmotion includes the following feature articles:
- “Applying Fan Energy Index in Variable-Air-Volume Systems” by Ronald Wroblewski, PE, Productive Energy Solutions LLC; Jeff Boldt, PE, HBDP, LEED AP, FASHRAE, FPE, IMEG Corp.; and Michael Ivanovich, AMCA International.
- “Remote Periodic Testing of Life-Safety Dampers” by the AMCA Fire and Smoke Damper Subcommittee.
- “Air Curtains: A Proven Energy-Saving Alternative” by David Johnson, AMCA Air Curtain Engineering Committee, with contributions from Frank R. Cuaderno and Brian Jones, AMCA Air Curtain Engineering Committee.
- “Air-Distribution Design for Comfort in High-Performance Air Systems” by Dan Int-Hout, AMCA High Performance Air Systems Committee, with full-page sidebar “High-Performance Air Systems vs. Other System Types” by Gus Faris, AMCA High Performance Air Systems Committee.
- “Improving Building Resilience With Severe-Duty Louvers” by James K. Smardo and Doug Petty, AMCA Louver Marketing Task Force, and Scott Arnold, AMCA International.
Additionally, the issue includes AMCA Middle East (“Green Building Takes Root in the Desert”), Europe (“HVAC in the EU Post-Parliamentary Election 2019”), and Asia (“According to Plan: Innovation-Driven Development in China”) updates.
The 2020 CSR & Nonprofit Awards recipients will be announced March 26 at a luncheon at The Watergate Hotel in Washington, D.C.
In March 2019, the 2018 edition of AMCA inmotion won the award for Annual Publication or Brochure and received an honorable mention in the category of External Publication or Report (online or print) in PRNEWS’ 2019 CSR & Nonprofit Awards.The 2020 edition of AMCA inmotion will be published in October. For more information, contact Scott Arnold at email@example.com or +1 847-704-6335.
About AMCA International
Air Movement and Control Association (AMCA) International Inc. is a not-for-profit association of manufacturers of fans, dampers, louvers, air curtains, and other air-system components for commercial HVAC, industrial-process, and power-generation applications. With programs such as certified ratings, laboratory accreditation, verification of compliance, and international-standards development, its mission is to advance the knowledge of air systems and uphold industry integrity on behalf of AMCA members worldwide. For more information about AMCA, visit www.amca.org.
Director of Marketing, Membership, and Education