AMCA High Performance Air Systems (HPAS)
A High Performance Air System is...
High-performance air systems (HPAS) apply modern design approaches with leading-edge products and technology to optimize energy efficiency, comfort, and indoor air quality.
HPAS concepts integrate the strategies of right-sizing, free-cooling using outside air, zone optimization, and minimizing static pressure, system leakage, and system effects.
HPAS technologies include high-efficiency fans, outside air economizers, low-leakage dampers and ducts, low-pressure-drop components, diagnostic sensors, and digital controls.
The purpose of this Website is to inform the buildings industry about the characteristics and benefits of High Performance Air Systems (HPAS), and to provide resources for their design, installation, operations, and maintenance.
HPAC Engineering Magazine's Association Solutions
- Rethinking HVAC Air System Performance and Efficiency, by Kurt Herzog, Acutherm, April 2014
- 14 Tips for Reducing Wasted Fan System Energy, by Michael Ivanovich, AMCA International, February 2014
- HVAC Fan Efficiency Codes and Standards: The Pressure is On, by Michael Ivanovich, AMCA International, January 2014
- Dan Int-Houts Technical Aricles on Air Systems, Published in ASHRAE Journal
- VAV With Reheat versus Chilled Beams and Ded icated Outdoor Air Systems (DOAS). By Jeff Stein, PE; and Steven Taylor, PE. Taylor Engineering. ASHRAE Journal, vol. 55, no. 5, May 2013.
- Fan Efficiency Requirements for ASHRAE 90.1-2013, by John Cermak, PhD, ACME Engineering; and Michael Ivanovich, AMCA International, ASHRAE Journal, April 2013.
- High-Performance VAV Systems, by John Murphy. ASHRAE Journal. October 2011
- Specifying VAV Boxes, by Jeff Stein, PE, Taylor Engineering. HPAC Engineering, November 2005.
- It’s In the Details: Engineering for Low Cost and High Efficiency, by Jeff Stein, PE, and Steve Taylor, PE, Taylor Engineering. ASHRAE Journal, October 2005.
- A Fresh Look at Fans, by Mark Hydeman, PE and Jeff Stein, PE, Taylor Engineering. HPAC Engineering, May 2003
- Providing Care for Medical Office Building, by Jeff Blaevoet, P.E.. Guttmann and Blaevoet Consulting Engineers, ASHRAE Journal, December 2005.
- Comparing Energy Savings of Different VAV Systems, by Martyn Dodd, EnergySoft LLC, March 2012
For more information, or to make comments about this web page, contact Michael Ivanovich, Director of Strategic Energy Initiatives, AMCA International, at email@example.com.